Guest Service Agents communicate with guests looking to make or cancel hotel reservations. They greet guests on arrival, assign them rooms and suites, issue keys, and collect payment information. Guest Service Agents coordinate housekeeping, porters, transport providers and kitchen staff to meet guest requirements.
Guest service representatives are hospitality specialists who typically work at hotels. Their primary responsibilities include providing front desk services to guests, processing guest payments and acting as an information source on various matters.
Guest Service Representative Job
We are looking for highly organized candidates with excellent people skills for the position of a guest service representative. Guest service representatives are responsible for providing front desk services to guests, undertaking various administrative duties, and diffusing conflict or tension in hotels, among other duties.
The best guest service representatives will have tremendous patience when dealing with guests and accommodate their every need with enthusiasm and poise.
Guest Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests upon arrival and making them feel welcomed.
- Administering check-ins and check-outs.
- Providing front desk services to guests.
- Assigning rooms and taking care of administrative duties.
- Delivering mail and messages.
- Processing guest payments.
- Coordinating with bell service and staff management.
- Being a source of information to guests on various matters such as transport and restaurant advice.
- Processing meal and beverage requests.
- Accommodating general and unique requests.
- Diffusing conflict or tense situations with guests.
Guest Service Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Certificate or diploma in hospitality advantageous.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Patience and good listening skills
- Location: Okotoks, AB
- Salary: $15.00HOUR hourly for 16 to 32 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Take, cancel and change room reservations; Register arriving guests and assign rooms; Provide information on hotel facilities and services; Process group arrivals and departures; Process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments; Investigate and resolve complaints and claims; Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms; Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying); Provide general information about points of interest in the area; Follow emergency and safety procedures; Provide customer service; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software; Spreadsheet; Multi-line switchboard; Internet; Central reservation system (CRS)
- Work Setting
- Hospitality industry; Hotel, motel, resort
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
100 Southbank Road
T1S 2C7 Between 12:00 AM and 11:30 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.